11.6. Google Apps and Gmail Email Connection Issues
Gmail and Google Apps mailboxes require a couple of additional steps to configure HelpSpot to be able to access them.
Gmail and Google Apps by default block connections to mailboxes via IMAPS and POPS. Google calls these connections "Less Secure Apps." Even so, these connections are encrypted end to end and are a reliable and safe way of retrieving email.
To Enable Connections
- Make sure that you are logged into the account that you are trying to connect to HelpSpot.
- Visit https://myaccount.google.com/
- Select "Apps with account access"
- Slide the "Allow less secure apps" toggle to the on position
Enable IMAP and POP Connections
IMAP and POP must also be enabled inside of the gmail settings.
- Login to gmail and select the "gear" icon
- Choose "Settings" from the dropdown menu
- Click on the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab
- Choose to enable either POP, IMAP or both on this settings page.