Home → Admin Manual → Automation Rules → Overview
Automation Rules (Admin->Triggers and Rules->Automation Rules) provide a means to preform actions on a set of requests that meet a specific set of conditions. With highly flexible rules-based logic, Administrators have the power to create rules that allow for improved management of support requests.
Automation rules are commonly used for:
- Request escalation
- Workflow creation
- Staff/Management notification
- Customer notification
- Setting/changing request detail values
With such flexibility, and varied uses, Automation Rules allows for tasks to be accomplished in a number of ways.
While there might not always be one set way to design a rule, the following should always be considered to ensure the rules accomplishes the desired end result.
- Which conditions should be used to pull the appropriate requests?
- What actions should be preformed?
- How frequently should this rule run?
- Should this request be allowed to run more than once per request?
Subsequent pages in this chapter well show the creation and running of automation rules as well as specific examples.