1. HelpSpot 4 Overview
- Updating to Version 4
- Download HelpSpot from the HelpSpot Store
- Server Setup: Ubuntu/Debian
- Server Setup: RedHat/CentOS
- Creating UTF-8 Database
- HelpSpot 4 Server Security
- Search: Administration/Notes
- HelpSpot CLI Commands Reference
From a server administration point of view, HelpSpot 4 has some new important features:
- CLI commands available for installing, updating and some specifically for upgrading from version 3 to 4
- Support for UTF-8 (no longer just the latin alphabet)
- New "data" directory that contains logs and generated files such as email attachment
- New variables for the config.php file
Note that you must update to HelpSpot 4 from version 3.2.12. This may mean updating to that version before updating to HelpSpot 4. Current and past versions of HelpSpot are available for download in the HelpSpot Store.
If you have installed HelpSpot on windows "manually" (without using the provided Windows installer), please contact customer support for help and available update options.
Windows users must use the provided HelpSpot installer, which installs all required software, and required PHP modules.
Windows users have the following system requirements as of HelpSpot version 4: Requirements
Installing HelpSpot 4 from scratch can now be handled by our installers scripts for linux. Details instructions are provided at https://install.helpspot.com.
To update from to HelpSpot 4 from previous versions, please see our documentation on Updating to HelpSpot 4.
Note that you must update to HelpSpot 4 from version 3.2.12. This may mean updating to that version before updating to HelpSpot 4. A download of version 3.2.12 will be made available to all customers.
Linux server requirement can be found here: Requirements