1.1. Mailbox Setup - Microsoft / Office 365 Email Configuration
Office 365 (Exchange Online) email connections are now configured using the mail authentication flow instead of traditional IMAP and SMTP sending settings. Office 365 (Exchange Online) email is received and sent via Microsoft's API using oAUTH authentication.
If you are migrating from existing IMAP and SMTP connections for your mailboxes, we recommend first disabling your old mailbox, then following the steps below to create a new mailbox connection.
Connecting an Office 365 Mailbox
Before beginning this process make sure that your browser is signed into the Office / Microsoft 365 mailbox that you wish to integrate with HelpSpot.
- Navigate to Admin > Email Mailboxes
- Select "Microsoft 365" from the menu
- Next enter the Reply to Email Account This is the email address that maps to this box ie: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the link to the HelpSpot email authentication service
- This will open a new tab. Select Sign in with Microsoft.
- Make sure that the email account listed on the permissions confirmation screen is the one that you want to integrate with HelpSpot.
- Next copy your credentials from the screen displayed.
- Enter the credentials provided back in your HelpSpot mailbox setup screen.
- Set any other options as desired and then select "Add Mailbox" at the bottom.
- Important! If you are using Office 365 for all of your mailboxes you will also need to go to Admin > Settings > Email Integration and select a configured mailbox your outgoing email in the "Send Outbound Email Via" setting.
Your Microsoft / Office 365 (Exchange Online) mailbox is now connected to HelpSpot.