Home → Users Manual → Welcome → Targeted Audience and Common Terms
1.2. Targeted Audience and Common Terms
This manual is intended for all HelpSpot Users, those new to help desk software as well as those migrating from another product.
Administrator-specific settings and configuration options are not covered in-depth in this manual.
The following terms are used throughout this guide:
- User Anyone with a HelpSpot account.
- Staff Generically refers to any help desk staff member.
- Staff level User with Help Desk Staff level permission to HelpSpot.
- Administrator User with Administrator level of access to HelpSpot.
- Editors Users with capability to create knowledge book content.
- Moderators Users with ability to manage interactions in forums.
- Customer Refers to a support desk's Customers (internal or external): the individuals submitting requests.
- Request The Customer inquiry in HelpSpot.
- Installation The instance of HelpSpot used by a company.
This page was: Helpful | Not Helpful