1.2. Targeted Audience and Common Terms
This manual is intended for all HelpSpot Users, those new to help desk software as well as those migrating from another product.
Administrator-specific settings and configuration options are not covered in-depth in this manual.
The following terms are used throughout this guide:
- User Anyone with a HelpSpot account.
- Staff Generically refers to any help desk staff member.
- Staff level User with Help Desk Staff level permission to HelpSpot.
- Administrator User with Administrator level of access to HelpSpot.
- Editors Users with capability to create knowledge book content.
- Moderators Users with ability to manage interactions in forums.
- Customer Refers to a support desk's Customers (internal or external): the individuals submitting requests.
- Request The Customer inquiry in HelpSpot.
- Installation The instance of HelpSpot used by a company.