Home → Admin Manual → System Administration → HelpSpot Limits
4.9. HelpSpot Limits
HelpSpot has several built in limits on record counts and various other operations to ensure good performance and prevent mis-configuration from negatively impacting the system operation. Some of these limits can be adjusted on self-hosted instances using configuration variables.
- Max Note Size - Each note in a request is limited to 70,000 UTF8 characters.
- Max Request History Records - Each request is limited to 1,500 request history items. When this limit is reached a notice will be displayed staff members alerting them to the issue. This limit is configurable via the cHD_MAX_REQUEST_HISTORY setting in the HS_Settings table.
- Full Text Searches In Filters - Full text searches in filters are limited to 5,000 results
- Automation Rule Matches - Automation rule can be run on a individual request for a maximum of 50 times. This limit is configurable via the cHD_MAX_AUTO_RUNS setting in the HS_Settings table.
- Custom Field Creation - Creation of custom fields is theoretically limited on MySQL based installations by the maximum column count of the InnoDB storage engine.
- Filter Date Limit - The Filter Within Previous (days) setting found in Admin > Settings limits the number of days back a filter searches for records. By default this is set to 365. You can change this setting in the settings area or you can add a date criteria to your filter to override the default limit.
- Max Results to Display - The Max Results to Display setting found in Admin > Settings limits the maximum number of requests shown in filters and search results sets.
This page was: Helpful | Not Helpful